Materials are expected to be returned by the due date. Renewal periods are available for most items as explained in the Renewals segment above.
As of January 1989, the Library Board of Trustees put into effect the following policy:
“Library privileges will be revoked when a patron is billed for overdue books, dvd’s, etc. Privileges will be returned to the patron when the property is returned to the library or when restitution has been made.”
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Charges for items returned damaged will depend upon the extent of the damage.
- Lost-item charges will be billed at cost of replacement.
- If the original or replacement price is not available the following costs will apply:
- Adult Fiction $30
- Adult Reference $50
- Children's Fiction $20
- Children's Reference $35
- Books on Tape/CD $35
- VHS Tapes or DVDs $25
- (Adult) $15-Paperback
- (Children's) $10-Paperback
- The patron may have the option of replacing the lost or damaged article with the same item in lieu of the above fee.
Lost Library Cards
- Lost Library Cards will cost $5 for a replacement.
- The first replacement is no charge.
- worn cards are replaced without charge.